Middle School Banquet
Saturday April 21, 2018
Grandview Golfcourse, Hortonville
Let's get together for team awards, dinner and some time to hang out and reflect on the season.
I-P: Side Dish
HWC will provide main dish and soda.
Please bring your issued uniforms and also please send photos and videos from the season to Coach Nate at email@example.com
Friday, May 11
Commercial Club Park and Pavilion
Let's get together for slideshow, 4 Year Jacket awards and dinner and some time to hang out and reflect on the season.
I-P: Side Dish
HWC will provide main dish and soda/water.
"Table of Fun" will also be available with fantastic prizes.
Please return singlets in clear zip-loc bags with your name CLEARLY written on the bag and also please send photos and videos from
the season to Coach Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org
Parents Night & Youth Night
Thursday January 25th 2018
Hortonville High School
We'll be honoring our high school wrestling parents next Thursday, January 25th at the home wrestling dual. We'll also have an exhibition to showcase our youth wrestlers between the JV and Varsity matches.
Youth Wrestler Families
- Please plan to arrive in the Hortonville Wrestling Room at 6PM
- Wrestlers should wear their singlets if they have them, otherwise Hortonville or red & black workout clothes
- We'll have a warm up in the wrestling room as the JV match starts then we'll move the wrestlers down to the visitor stands
- After the JV match, we'll get the wrestlers lined up around the mat
- We'll then take groups of kids out on the mat for 1 minute live go demonstrations
- We'll then keep the kids in the stands and will line up for the varsity wrestlers to run out between the kids
- After that, please stick around for the varsity match
Badger Bus Trip
- Badger bus trip will leave at 4PM sharp from the Hortonville High School entrance
- NO NUTS OR NUT PRODUCTS DUE TO RISK OF REACTION
- We will head straight to Madison for the Badgers Vs Indiana dual, followed by autographs with the Badgers
- We'll then head straight back to Hortonville (it'll be a late night)
- See post on Facebook for all details
Winneconne Youth Tournament
We have 63 wrestlers signed up for this event! The HWC is sponsoring entry into the Winneconne Youth Tournament on January 28th. The club will register interested wrestlers and will pay for registration to this tournament. This is a great, local event, let's get the team out and have a great day of wrestling for all skill levels!
> If you have any questions on this event, please see any of the coaches or Missy
> Please see post on Facebook for all details
Hortonville Youth Tournament
Sunday, February 11
Sign up is now available on Trackwrestling for the 2018 Hortonville Youth Wrestling Tournament. This is an open tournament for boys and girls grades pK to 8th grade. We target 4 wrestler brackets where possible. Please feel free to register at the link below.
New this year is a GIRLS ONLY tournament. We will run this event concurrent with the open tournament. This is our first year trying this format. We plan on having a dedicated girl's mat and staffed with some of our local female wrestlers. This is a great way for girls to give wrestling a shot and should make for a very competitive event. This event is open to girls in pK to 8th grade. If we have low turnout or match up issues you'll have the option of a refund or to to move your registration into the traditional open format. The link below is for the GIRLS ONLY tournament.
Several volunteer opportunities are also available for this event, please watch your Inbox for Sign Up Genius invitations!
Freedom Youth Tournament
Sunday January 14th
We had 51 youth wrestlers participating in the Freedom Youth Tournament on January 14th. We had great support from parents and wrestling families. Great job wrestlers!
2017-2018 Hortonville Wrestling Club Key Dates & Registration Update
The 2017-2018 season is coming up fast, here are some key dates & news items for you to be aware of!
- It's not too late to join the Hortonville Wrestling Club regardless of your wrestler's age! We have started practice at all levels but please feel free to get signed up for any level pK-8th grade and head to practice! All skill levels are welcome!!!
- Registration Is Open! Youth registration is now open and we are again using SportsEngine for registration, same procedure as the last two years. We had 93 wrestlers registered in our youth program last year, let's get over 100 this year!!! Please remember that the Hortonville Wresting Club supports all wrestlers in the Hortonville Area School District. This includes all boys and girls, from 4k to 12th grade in Hortonville, Greenville and the surrounding areas. This includes all area public and parochial elementary and middle school programs. We are also asking all Middle School wrestlers to get registered (please choose the PAY OFFLINE option) so that we can improve our communication and tracking. Again, no fee for the club for wrestlers in 6-8th grade. Registration can be accessed at the following link;
- 3rd-5th First Practice: Monday, December 4 (Mondays & Wednesdays 5:45 to 7:15, HHS Wrestling Room). This practice is open to middle schoolers (6-8) that are registered with HWC. Note that HWC does not require payment for 6-8th grade, but does require registration to ensure that all waivers have been acknowledged.
- PreK(4K)-2nd First Practice: Wednesday, January 3 (Mondays & Wednesdays 5:45-7:00, HHS Old Gym)
- Middle School wrestling (6th to 8th grade) is supported by the HWC and is primarily run through the school district. Practices will start in early January and will be held at Greenville Elementary School right after school. Parents meeting will be on Thursday, November 30 in the HHS commons.
- Registration fee is $55 per wrestler with a family registration max fee of $120 per family for multiple wrestlers.
- Singlet handout will occur on the following dates; December 4, January 3, January 8. A deposit check for $60 is required.
- A deposit is required to check out a competition singlet.
- Parents meetings for youth wrestling will occur on December 4 and January 3rd in the HHS commons during regularly scheduled practice.
- Volunteering - There are several key volunteer needs during the season. We will be hosting conference duels on January 11, we expect volunteer support for this event, which will be a fun evening and great exposure for our club. We will also need lots of help during the youth tournament on Feb 11. Volunteer positions will be posted via SignUpGenius.
- We will hold a team photo night on January 10, 2018 for all youth club wrestlers. This will include the opportunity to get individual photos and we'll also take a team photo.
- New for 2017-2018 - Autograph night! We'll have copies of the 2017-2018 high school wrestling poster/schedule for the youth wrestlers and will have an opportunity to get autographs from the high schoolers! Date TBD.
- Registration is open to all wrestlers in the HASD and includes appropriate media, injury and concussion waivers. This includes all boys and girls in the greater Hortonville & Greenville area school districts.
- Hortonville Wrestling Club Tournament: Sunday, February 11
- Featured Events: We'll have several featured youth events again this year. We'll be participating at the Freedom youth invite on January 14, this is a great event, free for our youth wrestlers! We will also be supporting the Winneconne Youth Tournament as a team on January 28th. We will also be planning a bus trip to see the Wisconsin Badgers wrestling team on Friday January 26.
- Youth Dual Team: New for 2017, we will be participating in several youth dual events. More details to follow, but these events will require a dedicated squad at pre-determined weight classes. Stay tuned for more news here.
- Please send a note to Coach Chris Satori at email@example.com with any questions regarding registration or HWC programming!
Wrestling Is Hard..But Develops True Character
As we get prepared for another great year for Hortonville Wrestling please check out the article below, which talks about how resiliency, respect and character are traits that are learned and how wrestling helps foster this. Something to think about as we enter the 2017-2018 season.
More news is on the way for fall camp, youth & middle school registration...please stay tuned and follow us on Facebook!
Remember to follow to follow the Hortonville Wrestling Club on Facebook for the most up to date news and events in the off season!!! Just search for Hortonville Wrestling and tune in!!!
2016-2017 HWC Handbook
We also have a limited supply of the 2015/2016 club t-shirts, workout shirts and fight shorts available for sale. Sizes are limited in both youth and adult, please let Coach Brian, Coach Doug or Coach Chris know if you are interested.