Middle School Wrestling Update
The parents meeting for the 2017-2018 Hortonville Middle School Wrestling season will be held on Thursday, November 30 at 7PM in the Hortonville High School Commons. This is open to all middle school students in HASD in the Hortonville and Greenville area. The upcoming season will be discussed including key dates and locations.
We are also asking all Middle School wrestlers to get registered (please
choose the PAY OFFLINE option) so that we can improve our communication
and tracking. Again, no club fee for wrestlers in 6-8th grade. See on-line link below for registration.
2017-2018 HWC Apparel
We have an on-line store now open at Fox Cities Embroidery, please click on the link below for some cool Hortonville Wrestling Club gear. The store closes on December 10th, we're hoping to get the apparel in by Christmas (no promises!)
2017-2018 Hortonville Wrestling Club Key Dates & Registration Update
The 2017-2018 season is coming up fast, here are some key dates & news items for you to be aware of!
- Registration Is Open! Youth registration is now open and we are again using SportsEngine for registration, same procedure as the last two years. We had 93 wrestlers registered in our youth program last year, let's get over 100 this year!!! Please remember that the Hortonville Wresting Club supports all wrestlers in the Hortonville Area School District. This includes all boys and girls, from 4k to 12th grade in Hortonville, Greenville and the surrounding areas. This includes all area public and parochial elementary and middle school programs. We are also asking all Middle School wrestlers to get registered (please choose the PAY OFFLINE option) so that we can improve our communication and tracking. Again, no fee for the club for wrestlers in 6-8th grade. Registration can be accessed at the following link;
- 3rd-5th First Practice: Monday, December 4 (Mondays & Wednesdays 5:45 to 7:15, HHS Wrestling Room). This practice is open to middle schoolers (6-8) that are registered with HWC. Note that HWC does not require payment for 6-8th grade, but does require registration to ensure that all waivers have been acknowledged.
- PreK(4K)-2nd First Practice: Wednesday, January 3 (Mondays & Wednesdays 5:45-7:00, HHS Old Gym)
- Middle School wrestling (6th to 8th grade) is supported by the HWC and is primarily run through the school district. Practices will start in early January and will be held at Greenville Elementary School right after school. Parents meeting will be on Thursday, November 30 in the HHS commons.
- Registration fee is $55 per wrestler with a family registration max fee of $120 per family for multiple wrestlers.
- Singlet handout will occur on the following dates; December 4, January 3, January 8.
- A deposit is required to check out a competition singlet.
- Parents meetings for youth wrestling will occur on December 4 and January 3rd in the HHS commons during regularly scheduled practice.
- Volunteering - There are several key volunteer needs during the season. We will be hosting conference duels on January 11, we expect volunteer support for this event, which will be a fun evening and great exposure for our club. We will also need lots of help during the youth tournament on Feb 11. Volunteer positions will be posted via SignUpGenius.
- We will hold a team photo night on January 10, 2018 for all youth club wrestlers. This will include the opportunity to get individual photos and we'll also take a team photo.
- New for 2017-2018 - Autograph night! We'll have copies of the 2017-2018 high school wrestling poster/schedule for the youth wrestlers and will have an opportunity to get autographs from the high schoolers! Date TBD.
- Registration is open to all wrestlers in the HASD and includes appropriate media, injury and concussion waivers. This includes all boys and girls in the greater Hortonville & Greenville area school districts.
- Hortonville Wrestling Club Tournament: Sunday, February 11
- Featured Events: We'll have several featured youth events again this year. We'll be participating at the Freedom youth invite on January 14, this is a great event, free for our youth wrestlers! We will also be supporting the Winneconne Youth Tournament as a team on January 28th. We will also be planning a bus trip to see the Wisconsin Badgers wrestling team on Friday January 26.
- Youth Dual Team: New for 2017, we will be participating in several youth dual events. More details to follow, but these events will require a dedicated squad at pre-determined weight classes. Stay tuned for more news here.
- Please send a note to Coach Chris Satori at email@example.com with any questions regarding registration or HWC programming!
Wrestling Is Hard..But Develops True Character
As we get prepared for another great year for Hortonville Wrestling please check out the article below, which talks about how resiliency, respect and character are traits that are learned and how wrestling helps foster this. Something to think about as we enter the 2017-2018 season.
More news is on the way for fall camp, youth & middle school registration...please stay tuned and follow us on Facebook!
Polar Bear Summer Technique CampThe Summer session of the Polar Bear Summer Technique Camp is in full swing. The entry fee for this session is a non-perishable food item!!! What a great deal! You'll need to sign a waiver for the camp, but that's it!! All ages and skill levels are welcome to join in the fun.
The Summer session is every Monday and Wednesday evening from 6:30PM to 8:00PM up in the Hortonville High School wrestling room June to early August. Please enter through the old High School entry way or via Door 14.
We'll be working on structured drilling, situational wrestling and live wrestling. Key techniques of the Hortonville system will be taught!
Bring a friend along to make sure you have a partner!
Remember to follow to follow the Hortonville Wrestling Club on Facebook for the most up to date news and events in the off season!!! Just search for Hortonville Wrestling and tune in!!!
2016-2017 HWC Handbook
We also have a limited supply of the 2015/2016 club t-shirts, workout shirts and fight shorts available for sale. Sizes are limited in both youth and adult, please let Coach Brian, Coach Doug or Coach Chris know if you are interested.