Fall 2019 Activities & Updates
Here are a few updates as we get closer to the 2019-2020 season. Again, watch Facebook for up to the minute news and notes!
Coach Nate is running a workout on Wednesday nights at 3:30 PM in the HHS wrestling room. This is open to middle school and high school wrestlers. If you're not doing a fall sport this is a great way to get a workout in and to get a jump on the season. Again, keep an eye on Facebook for any changes and updates to the schedule.
Hortonville Wrestling Club 2019-2020 Registration
- Hortonville Wrestling Club Registration - ALL WRESTLERS from pk to 12th GRADE are required to register for the club. Middle School and High School wrestlers are FREE (select pay offline, no payment will be due).
2019-2020 Registration Link
Key Dates for 2019-2020 Season
- Frday/Saturday/Sunday Nov 15/16/17 Aviators Camp
- Monday, December 2 - 2nd Annual Red White Season Kickoff HHS Fieldhouse
- December 4 - 3rd-8th Grade Youth Practice Start/Parents Meeting/Singlet Handout/Swap Meet - HHS Commons - this meeting is for all parents and students from preK through middle school that want to learn more about the club and the season schedule and expectations.
- Decmember 2 - Middle School practice starts at Greenville Elementary School, 3:30PM to 5PM, activity bus will pick up at HMS. New for 2019-2020, 5th Graders have the option to PRACTICE with the middle school program but will not compete in Middle School events
- Middle school wrestlers are highly encouraged to join our club practices FOR FREE from December 4 until the start of the Middle School season in January, this will help get an edge for our early season work in January - Middle School wrestlers should register (pay offline, no payment due) on the club registration link below!!!
- Monday, January 6 HWC Youth pK-2nd Grade Practice Starts
- Sunday, February 16 Hortonville Youth Wrestling Tournament
- Saturday, March 20 WWF Youth Regionals
- Friday, March 27/Saturday, March 28 WWF Youth State
Key Youth Team EventsKey club duals/tournaments/trips still being finalized but here are some key events. We promote these so that we travel as a large group, which is helpful for coaching and also new wrestling families to "learn the ropes" of a typical youth wrestling tournament.
* Entry fee included with youth registration.
- Neenah Youth Wrestling Tournament
- Freedom Youth Wrestling Invite*
- Winneconne Youth Wrestling Tournament*
- Hortonville Youth Wrestling Tournament - Feb 10
- Badger Dual Bus Trip TBD
- Mid-Season Team Pizza Night
- Spring Banquet
Please send a note to Coach Chris Satori at email@example.com with any questions regarding registration or HWC programming!
Youth Practice Overview
- Registration Is Open! Youth registration is now open and we are again
using SportsEngine for registration, same procedure as the last two
years. We had over 100 youth wrestlers registered in our youth program last year,
let's keep the momentum going!!! Please remember that the Hortonville
Wresting Club supports all wrestlers in the Hortonville Area School
District. We are
also asking all Middle School and High School wrestlers to get registered (please
choose the PAY OFFLINE option) so that we can improve our communication
and tracking. Again, no fee for the club for wrestlers in 6-8th grade.
Registration can be accessed at the following link;
- Open to all girls and boys in the HASD, beginner to expert level of all ages are welcome in all groups. This includes all boys and girls, from 4k to 12th grade in Hortonville,
Greenville and the surrounding areas. This includes all area public and
parochial elementary and middle school programs.
- Balanced approach of technique, live wrestling, conditioning and games to keep a fun and fast paced environment for learning.
- Technique covered in youth practice is the same style/technique practiced in all levels of wrestling at HASD, so same philosophy from pK to 12th grade
- pK-2nd every Monday and Wednesday from 5:45 to 7PM in the HHS "Old Gym"
- 3rd-5th grades every Monday and Wednesday from 5:45 to 7:15PM in the HHS wrestling room
- Middle School (5th -8th grade) wrestling is Monday to Friday, 3:30 to 5:00 PM at the Greenville Elementary
- Practices will run until youth state on Friday March 22 for youth team, again, middle school is welcome to practice or help out with yout
- Registration is required for all wrestlers in the HASD, no fees for registration are collected from middle school (6th-8th) or high school wrestlers
- Registration link coming soon
- Registration fee is $55 per wrestler with a family registration max fee of $120 per family for multiple wrestlers.
- Uniforms are provided with a $60 deposit
Wrestling Is Hard..But Develops True Character
As we get prepared for another great year for Hortonville Wrestling please check out the article below, which talks about how resiliency, respect and character are traits that are learned and how wrestling helps foster this. Something to think about as we enter the 2017-2018 season.
More news is on the way for fall camp, youth & middle school registration...please stay tuned and follow us on Facebook!
Remember to follow to follow the Hortonville Wrestling Club on Facebook for the most up to date news and events in the off season!!! Just search for Hortonville Wrestling and tune in!!!
2016-2017 HWC Handbook
We also have a limited supply of the 2015/2016 club t-shirts, workout shirts and fight shorts available for sale. Sizes are limited in both youth and adult, please let Coach Brian, Coach Doug or Coach Chris know if you are interested.